If you’ve visited our showroom, chances are that you’ve spent some time admiring our faux florals and perhaps even purchased a stem or two. Not only do fake flowers and stems save you from continuously spending money on purchasing fresh bouquets for your home every week, but they can sometimes look better than the real thing!
To launch our new collection of winter faux flowers, stems, ferns and succulents, we asked Abigail Ahern to share her top five tips for introducing faux florals into your home. Known in the industry as ‘the Chanel of faux flowers’, Abigail supplies the majority of our fauxs available in store and online. With a penchant for dark walls, moody interiors and fabulously fake florals, her designs fit in perfectly within our showroom.
Read on to discover Abigail’s expert advice …
Abigail Ahern’s Top Tips for Fabulous Fauxs
1. A single large statement piece like our fern plants will instantly elevate any space to new heights.
2. Group foliage en masse to create a beautifully modern, textural statement arrangement. Try pairing the Autumn fern with our stunning Black Forest vase. The rule of odd numbers (a stylist’s top trick!) applies here too – try 5 or 7 stems for best impact.
3. I believe that the pairing of flowers and vessels is so important. The best way to create interest is to play with shapes, heights and styles. Perhaps match the Dornie vase’s beautifully sculptural curves with a single Echeveria stem, or trail some string of pearls out of a tall skinny Black Forest vase.
4. Combine different textures – feathery fern fronds with glossy shining echeveria leaves, bold spiky monsteria and fat succulents with trailing strings of pearls.
5. If you want to skip all the hard work, all our bouquets are handmade, tied and arranged by our own expert florists. Instant style cred at your fingertips! One of our stand out bouquets this season is the Dornie – a stunning combination of green ranunculus, fat-headed hydrangeas and feathery ferns, chocolate cosmos and sprigs of foliage. Forget outdated formal “domed” arrangements – all our bouquets are relaxed, stylish and oh so chic as we champion that fresh, “just plucked from the garden” vibe.
Images 4 & 6 courtesy of Abigail Ahern