Job Title: Sales Assistant / Office Administrator
Reports to: MD
Hours: Wednesday and Saturday 10.00 - 5.30 (plus holiday cover and overtime)
Salary: To be discussed
Rose and Grey is a family run business established in 2008, selling an eclectic collection of unique and statement pieces for the home. Our products range from sofas & armchairs to industrial lighting, mirrors, wallpaper and rugs. Up to now, we have been trading solely online, but we are opening our first showroom in June.
The role will primarily be working in the showroom; answering customer enquiries, providing general product information and taking payment. For larger items this will also involve ordering stock and arranging delivery. The role is 2 days a week and one day will be a Saturday, when the jobholder will be in sole charge of the showroom and will need to ensure that customers receive the highest levels of customer service. The role will also involve supporting our online store; writing product descriptions, uploading products onto the website and dealing with phone & email enquiries. There may be an opportunity to increase to 3-4 days in the future.
- Represent Rose and Grey and ensure customers receive the highest levels of customer service at all times
- Deal efficiently and in a friendly manner with customer enquiries both in store and online
- Become familiar with all Rose and Grey products including delivery lead times, suppliers, fabric types and manufacture
- Work with the manager to ensure the showroom is a pleasant and inspiring space for customers
- Ensure all stock is correctly labelled and priced
- Become familiar with office processes and procedures
- Write informative and engaging product descriptions
- Upload products onto our Magento store
- Send out fabric swatches/samples
- Ad hoc additional duties
- A strong retail sales background, preferably also with online experience
- Computer savvy, experienced with till systems and online platforms (ideally Magento)
- Exceptional communicator both written and verbal
- Flair for writing engaging copy
- Good knowledge/appreciation of interior design, trends and styles
- Ability to learn new processes quickly
- Good communicator / friendly and empathetic
- Highly organised and able to work in a busy retail environment
- Diligent and conscientious
- Analytical thinker with strong numerical skills
- Commitment to outstanding customer service
- Love for Interiors - essential
If interested, please send CV application to:email@example.com.
Applications close midnight Thursday 30th June.